What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In McAllen
You understand you need to safeguard your home. After all, it offers shelter for your spouse and children and is where you have all of your valuables. But what form of home security is right for you? Whether or not to get 24-hour monitoring is one of the primary considerations you will make. Explore the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in McAllen and see what’s right for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to an external monitoring service that is ready to act at a moment’s notice. Whenever a door sensor activates or a smoke detector goes off, your monitoring professionals get an instant notification. They quickly take action to confirm the alarm and contact the appropriate emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t include professional support. You could think of this alternative as self-monitored, which indicates that if an alarm sounds, you must act to get it resolved. This option is the more affordable solution, but it also comes with less peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In McAllen
Here’s a quick breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always wise. If you are on vacation, asleep, or without access to your smartphone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be watched over.
- Speedier response: Monitoring specialists are always ready. They’ll reply more quickly to emergencies than you can by yourself.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems may entitle you to a price cut on your home insurance premium.
- Better tools and seamless integration: By getting equipment, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security specialist, you will enjoy a fully integrated system with devices that may be better than what you will come across on your own.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Cost: There is a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Have to get a professional install: Numerous individuals would rather have the install done by qualified experts, but some might object.
- Must sign a contract: You will typically need to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This may be agreeable for most as home security is something you will want long term.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In McAllen
Here’s a quick rundown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Install on your own: DIYers might consider this an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and not have an installation expense. Other people may want to go with a professional.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You are able to integrate components whenever you desire - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you may find incorporating into a fully connected system a challenge.
- You have complete control: There won’t be a third party monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, it’s up to you to get assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’re away from your phone and don’t receive a security warning? This circumstance will generate more stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: Since you are the sole person in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No support connecting the system: If you need help during an installation, you might have to pay for someone else. The installation process is also likely to take more time.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In McAllen
Get the round-the-clock support you deserve with a monitored home security system in McAllen from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home defense system is the ideal option for your family. Dial (956) 291-4643 today to customize your package.